Friday 2 November 2012

guest house of our soul

...another page from my journal.   May I share?


"This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out for some new delight."
    -Rumi


I've been wanting to write something light and cute...to make you giggle and know that everything is going to be alright.  But so many of you, dear friends of mine, are feeling pummelled by strong and steady waves of sorrow - one right after the other.  My heart aches for you.  I want to honor you, each one, as you plod along this leg of the journey.  Please know you are not alone.  Never alone.
With love....Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your comments and thank you for journeying with me.