Sunday 3 February 2013

new beginnings


The gift of every sunrise is the invitation to begin again.    








will you
say "yes?"







In the midst of our morning rush...I kept peeking out the window and watching this sunrise expanding.  I didn't really "have time" to be awed and amazed.  (After all, didn't I have three lunches to make, the clock to watch, cereal bowls to rinse and peacekeeping duties over the usual sibling squabbles?)  But the lights and clouds were transforming before my eyes. It would all be over soon.  I didn't want to miss the show.

I DIDN'T WANT TO MISS THE INVITATION.  

And so, even though it was 8:01 and the bus would be zooming by in 2 minutes....even though I didn't know if the kids' teeth were properly brushed, even though lunches were still on the counter... even though, even though, even though.....I called all three to come and be amazed at the beauty. 

ISN'T THERE ALWAYS A SPARE MOMENT TO STOP AND BE AMAZED AND ANSWER THE CALL TO BEGIN AGAIN? 

I'm not sure what circumstances each of you are facing today.  I know that some of you, dear ones, are weary, right down to the very core of your being.  I know that for some of you, just getting out of bed and facing a new day requires more courage and energy than you think you have.  I know that most of you are needed - and it's so hard to be needed when you feel like you have nothing to give.  To all of you, I send this glorious invitation - a glimpse of light and promise of hope.  And May God's tender words echo through you soul today:
"Likewise I, God, will comfort Zion, comfort all her mounds of ruins.  I'll transform her dead ground into Eden her moonscape into the garden of God, a place filled with exuberance and laughter, thankful voices and melodic songs."(Isaiah 51:5-6 The Message Bible)  

photos and text © melody armstrong 2013 (unless otherwise cited) 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your comments and thank you for journeying with me.