Monday 18 March 2013

do you need permission?

It was something my friend said last night that got me thinking....
"Give yourself permission to not be good at everything."

I wrote it in my journal. 
I wrote it on my hand.  


The thought of it was so freeing and refreshing and ludicrous all at the same time. After all, do I really believe I have to be good at everything, or even most things? (and is it that obvious?.....yuck!)   Is that why I can be so hard on myself.......cuz really, AS IF!! 

I just wanted to hug her and do a little dance right there in her kitchen.  It was such a simple but powerful observation.  How come I hadn't thought of it before?  She has a beautiful way of calling things like they are, just plain and simple.  It's what caring friends do.  She knows I'm not good at everything (who's kidding who - she doesn't even pretend about it) and, most importantly, she doesn't expect me to be.  


I feel so much lighter after digesting her words.  They were like some kind of crazy instant diet.  I dropped weight in just one day.  

Magic.  
Friendship.
Permission.




 words and images copyright © Melody Armstrong 2013

2 comments:

  1. Well said! Melody, you are lovable just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, sweetie. Hard to remember sometimes, right? xo

    ReplyDelete

I invite your comments and thank you for journeying with me.