Thursday 16 May 2013

let it rain

(pardon the photoshopping.....it's just so fun to play)

I took the above image last year at this time while following my amazing friend around for a day and photographing her life as a rancher and cowboy-girl (or "superwomen" as I like to call her).  I had just finished participating in my first "mini-cattle drive"  (she said I did pretty good, by the way!) and was still riding horseback.  Good thing he knew his own way home cuz I was too busy taking photos to "drive."    Urban cowboy, anyone???


I could have taken similar photos today (minus the jeep, cattle and horses!)  The landscape around here looks just the same.  Rain clouds are hovering on the horizon and the fields are thirsty, waiting to soak up some much needed moisture.


I am these fields today, thirsty and waiting for soul rains to fall; to soak; to drench me through and through.  My soul is preparing for new seeds to be planted and I believe that bountiful crops can still grow in my life.

Are you thirsty today?  Is your soul in need of rain, the life-giving, soul-cleansing kind?

If you are like me, the answer is a resounding yes.  And so I pray for all of you out there, that you will lift your face to the sky and say "yes".  Soak in all in.  Let it fall over you till it seeps into every dry crack and crevice of your life.  LET IT RAIN.

My prayer for you is that:
"You shall be like a well-watered garden; a spring whose waters never fail."
Isaiah 58:11 (NIV Bible)



words and images copyright © melody armstrong 2013 (unless otherwise cited)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your comments and thank you for journeying with me.