Friday 25 October 2013

in the shadows

The weight of pain sits heavy in the shadows.  

My heart aches for so many of you, dear friends.  If only words were enough.  If only I could hug you all the way to wholeness.  If only....... anything to lessen your pain and make this journey easier.  

This poem is for you.....



 feeling lost again
journeying in the shadows
dark halting my steps
half-seeing
heart-frenzied 
by the deafening sound 
of fear 
pulsing silent...


  this heaviness 
stretches places 
already shadow-thin
within
and how to mend a 
thread-bare soul
with strands of light 
so frail?
oh Savior, save!
rescue me with courage
set for me
a path anew
flooded 
in the light of You
where my foot is sure
and my heart hears
only
the love in
your whisper.


Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid."




words and images © copyright Melody Armstrong 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your comments and thank you for journeying with me.