Friday 6 February 2015

8:00 am. in February

we wave to them.  my mom and I.
(she's spent the night and we get to share
this quiet, wintery morning together)

a few last hollers and grins
we've whooshed them out the front door
into frosty February

i think to myself how
everything
everywhere
is frozen into
glittering blankets of white
 & pale washes of grey

but then...
right there on the kitchen table
fiery, blazing sunlight turns petals into glowing embers



and here's me....surprised
amazed
reaching for the lens
(and mom chuckling at her daughter)
trying to capture
the magic
in a moment of warmth 
filling
a winter morning.



may you be warmed by such a moment today
--maybe even with someone you love.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your comments and thank you for journeying with me.