Thursday 17 March 2016

a difficult "yes"



You asked 
something important of me
and I said "yes"

not a thunderous kind of yes
that throws open doors
and reverberates through hallways

but a single
fragile
feather-kind of yes
one with almost no weight 
of confidence
at all

the kind of yes 
that might require some shelter
to keep it from wisping away
with my heavy exhales

i can only trust 
that even in its frailty
You hear it 
that it counts
somehow

it is mystery to me
that You are able 
to take one delicate yes
upon    another
upon           another
and create 
something warm enough
to cover me 
during the cold
winter
drift


words and images © copyright Melody Armstrong 2016

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful poem! Just like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend. It means so much to me that I can share these things with you and always have you in my corner.
      x o x o x o

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...tell me more. Beautiful words Melody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read some lines from my heart. Oh these adventures we're called to...sometimes we are willing to jump right in, and other times, they simply scare us to death. Courage for you today on your journey. ~Melody

      Delete
  3. oh, these words are so beautiful,
    nudge at the soul... x

    ReplyDelete

I invite your comments and thank you for journeying with me.